Skip to main content

This and that - a quick catch up on everything.

I promised some pictures of The Chick's new nest. Here they are....
We also spent some time exploring the area. Sunday was a lovely afternoon so Chick and I drove up to Canyon Ferry and took a look around. 
Last year at the beginning of the summer, I took many photos of  flowers. This must be the summer for the birds. Here is a lone pelican on the Missouri River just below the damn.
 
I need your input on this little night stand. 
 The Chick and I have a slight difference of opinion. 
 Chick wanted a nightstand to go with her black iron bed. I suggested that we go to the thrift store, after all, whatever we found would be painted black. I discovered this little (darling) table sitting in the corner. All the work had been done for us. Someone had spent a lot of time sanding it down to bare wood. If the person had done much refinishing, he would have known that right before you stain and varnish, the item usually looks like the project is a hopeless disaster. But in the end he just gave it away, after all the work he'd put into it.

I wanted to buy it, Chick didn't  - so we left. As we were pulling out of the parking lot I began lamenting the loss of the table, "Chick, you've missed the boat, that little table is a jewel. Yada, yada. You're going to wish you'd gotten that little gem." She relented, turned the car around,  and I bought it for $3.99 with the understanding that she could get rid of it when she found what she "really" wanted.  I painted the table and Chick spent some time painting a chest of drawers black. She now has a very styling bedroom set! (My opinion - she's still looking for a nightstand.)
 I still think she has a jewel! Comment and let me know what you think!

(The Chick has the love seat from the living room set that originally went up to Helena in a consignment store. The owner is asking an ungodly amount of money for it. So I told The Chick that she can take this to the same consignment store and when it's sold I'LL take the $50 bucks!)

Also, I finished the Wonderful Wallaby for the Fire Baby. BUT I have been informed by several people that it is to girlie. Sooo, I will stash it and give the little babe a different sweater.
Finally, Hubby saw the first fawn(s) of the season on Monday, thus winning the annual contest for 2010. However, once again I was the first to provide the proof...
Look carefully and you will see the twin fawns in the background.

Comments

  1. While I probably wouldn't use it for a nightstand (only because I already have one), for $3.99 that is an awesome buy! I'm sure a place could be found for that sweet little table.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say--I DO like it. I can just picture it next to the bed with "just the right" lamp and an alarm clock on the top with a neat stack of "to read" books on the bottom. Well, at least that is what it would look like by my bed!

    Hey Chick--if you read this...I LOVE the looks of your new place. So much more put together than my first dodgy little apartment!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the picture of the baby fawns!
    Chloe

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment